Lost Cards

Have you lost your card and need it replaced or would you like a duplicate card?

  • First – be aware that your card can only be re-issued by the company that issued your original card.
  • At Nuttall Boating Safety, we used the Sail Canada (previously CYA – Canadian Yachting Association) program so our cards are produced by them.

If we issued your original card, see the instructions below to get your card re-issued:

  • Contact our head office – Sail Canada / CYA – Toll Free number is 1 (877) 416-4720. At the phone menu press 0 for the operator.
  • Tell them you want your PCOC card replaced. There is a $20 plus GST charge to replace lost cards. The simplest is to pay by credit card.
  • Please contact us if you need further assistance.

If we did NOT issue your original card, you have to contact the company that issued your card. If you do not remember the name of the company or the name of the instructor, below are a few hints:

  • If you took the course with friends or family, ask them to look up the company name on their card. Then do a search on the Internet for Course Providers with that name. Search for PCOC Course Providers on the Transport Canada web-site Accredited Course Providers
  • Transport Canada also has information on their web-site if your course provider is no longer listed. Text is below from TC site: Proof of Compentency
    • Replacing your Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)

      A PCOC is issued to a person for life. If the PCOC is lost or destroyed, the individual can request a replacement from the accredited course provider that issued the card. Course providers charge a fee for this service.

      If the course provider is unknown or no longer exists, the person should contact the Transport Canada Boating Safety Infoline at 1-800-267-6687 or e-mail to: pcoc-ccep@tc.gc.ca. The agent will check the individual’s name against a national database of PCOC holders and then provide instructions on how to get a new card.

  • If you took the course at a school or community centre, call them to see if they know who ran the course.
  • If you wrote the Challenge test at a public event like the Boat Show or other events you may have to contact the show organizers for names of companies since there are many companies who travel across the country just doing Challenge exams at shows.